Weight loss has been a topic of discussion for every man, woman, and now, even children. Ever since the commercial world started producing shows and movies showing slim and lanky bodies parading around in television screens, many saw it as their standard of beauty. Hundreds of young girls aspiring to be models have tried out various types of weight loss regimes, diets, programs – you name it!- just to achieve that sexy, slim, and perfectly built body that is really very hard to get with just a few weeks or months. Let’s face it, unless you starve yourself to an inch of death, you will never get to that super thin, model-like body you’ve always dreamed of with just a short time. And just because these models can wear practically anything because they are rail-thin, doesn’t mean they are healthy to begin with. Corporate media has affected the thinking of most that to be sexy, you have to be thin. It is not true.
Yes, if you are obese, you have to lose weight but you have to lose it gradually with proper diet and exercise of course. According to Wikipedia, (in the context of medicine, health, or physical fitness) weight loss is the reduction of the body mass. It can be shed through loss of fluid and/or body fat or adipose tissue.
Losing weight naturally is the best solution for healthy weight loss and you can do this by having proper diet and regular exercise. It’s the best combination of practical and safe slimming down. You need not slim down in great numbers. If done by the pound, you will see more results and feel a lot better about yourself. One great way of shedding those calories is by consuming the right kinds of fruits. It is interesting to know that there are some fruits that can actually make you gain weight when eaten in excess because of their sugar content. This excess is easily converted into fat when eaten, so you have to know the fruits that can actually help you lose weight and not add to it.
These are 10 best fruits that can help you shed some pounds:
- Oranges- they are very rich in fiber and have a high vitamin C content which is very conducive in burning fat. Aside from those, it also contains B vitamins and many other minerals that help fight illnesses and diseases like the limonoid compound found to help treat different kinds of cancer. They are also good for the immune system, indigestion, and several heart diseases. A large-sized orange can contain 80-100 calories.
- Apples- another great source of fiber and since apples are generally sweet, it helps keep cravings for sweets in check and an apple can make the stomach feel filled thus, less consumption of other foods. One great tip in eating an apple is to leave the skin on, don’t peel your apples. The skin is the largest source of fiber in an apple. Apples also contain a lot of antioxidants, rich in vitamin C and B-vitamins. Research proves that an apple a day keeps the doctor away because the antioxidants found in apples help fight certain cancers, prevent heart disease as well as diabetes, and helps reduce cholesterol and help in aiding digestion and arteriosclerosis.
- Strawberries- these berries contain numerous vitamins and minerals such as vitamin c, B-vitamins, and fiber. The polyphenols found in strawberries are found to play a major role in regulating blood sugar response. This is great for people who have type 2 Diabetes who have a sweet-tooth. They are also good eliminators of toxins from the body as well as undigested matter. It is a healthier weight loss treatment for those who want to enjoy their strawberries everyday because it helps in reducing bad cholesterol. They also help prevent deterioration of the eyes and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Peaches- these fruits are great for weight loss because they give the energy for the body to start digestion and these fruits are great sources of required sugar content. One peach contains about 35-50 calories only and no fat. It makes you feel full which is great for reducing your weight. It contains selenium which helps prevent cancer and may protect cells from damage.
- Avocados- speed up the conversion of fat into energy and also boosts the rate of metabolism, both of which are great conditions in weight loss. The myth saying, “Eating fats can get us fat”, is not true and as a matter of fact, some dietary fats actually help in weight loss. Avocados give you about 160 calories per 100 grams, which is a high number but it has been found that monosaturated fat like oleic acid, which make up 2/3 of the 160 calories, are utilized by the body as a slow burning energy source than saturated fat. Avocados contain omega 9 fats which may reduce bad cholesterol.
- Pears- this fruit is a great source of fiber that speeds up metabolism amongst its other health benefits. The potassium content in pears also lower cholesterol and is good for the heart. Pears make you feel full which is great for losing weight.
- Lemons- the ability to digest fat quickly and effectively highly depends on your liver’s capacity to do so, since it is one of the key organs that burn fat. Lemons are great liver detoxifiers and they have the capacity to alkalize bodily fluids and tissues.
- Bananas- one of the fruits that people actually like consuming. One banana makes you feel full and can be considered a snack which curbs the body’s cravings for more food. They are high in potassium and fiber as well as vitamin B6 which boost your immunity and lower the risk of heart disease.
- Coconuts- they make you feel full by just drinking the coconut milk alone. It is packed with lots of fiber and medium chain triglycerides which increase the liver’s rate of metabolism.
- Tomatoes- contain phytochemical lycopene and lots of vitamin C. Lycopene speeds up the production of Carnitine which speeds up the body’s fat-burning capacity. And as all of you know, is great for losing weight.
These fruits are not only healthy and good for the general well-being of the body, but they are also great for weight loss. So if you are looking for ways to reduce your waistline and burn fat in a healthy way, just turn to these fruits and you’ll have a fitter, well-balanced, and healthier body in no time!